Saturday, June 13, 2009

Thought For Today: Media-Incited Hate

Helen Philpot at Margaret and Helen:
"Margaret, whatever happened to common sense? I eat a lot of pie. I have a fat ass. I get the connection. You hardly eat anything, walk everyday and a strong wind could blow you over. Again, I get the connection. So why is it so hard for Bill O'Reilly over at Fox News to understand the connection between what he says and how someone responds to what he says?

"It’s just not that big of a leap to see a connection between the television news calling someone a Baby Killing Nazi over and over again and some religious fanatic deciding to finally pull the trigger. I get that it is not quite the same as the pie making my ass fat, but I don’t work for Jenny Craig. Bill O'Reilly, however, works for Fox News. The emphasis, of course, is on that last word -- News. He should know better. He is paid to know better. He should be fired for not knowing better.

Fox isn't called the Editorial Channel. Neither is it called the Opinion Channel. Last time I checked it wasn’t even called the I Pulled This Bit of Information Out of My Ass In Hopes More of You Will Tune In Channel. Although, I would push for that last one if Rupert Murdoch put it up for a a vote."

Continued here.

No comments: